Let's Chat! Creative Communicative Act for All Language Learners (ONLY IN CANADA
- Product Information
(Lozano) A collection of 87 creative, interactive activities to spark verbal interaction i.e. chatting in face-to-face communication. Instructions are written in ENGLISH with some examples in Spanish and French. The activities should be carried out by students in the target language. There are six units:
1. Icebreakers and Pure Talk features 8 eclectic and random activites to get people talking e.g My name is... His name is..., name mates, brief pairs etc.
2. Getting Vocal for Vocabulary offers many generic activities. Objectives may state one topic but with minor adjustments the procedure may be applied to review any topic.
3. Gabbing for Grammar, Part I focuses on verbs, tenses and conjugations.
4. Gabbing for Grammar, Part II focuses on structural activities that involve parts of speech, such as interrogatives, adverbs, adjectives and prepositions.
5. Calendar Capers explores many topical, grammatical and literary-based instructional objectives. Every activity features calendars in some way.
6. Stuff as a Gimmick uses office supplies, household objects and recyclables as tools to get students chatting in the target languge.
Each unit begins with linguistically simple activities and gradually progresses to more complex ones.
The activities in each unit are set up using purpose, age and level, time and format, materials and preparation, procedure and note.
The book, written in English, provides teachers with activities to promote "chatting" among their students in the target language. 2009. 160 pp.
View Contents and sample pages.